Dark Side (Car Tire) Tire Sizes
The above link to the size conversion calculator, is a very handy tool for many different calculations when going to sizes other than OEM. Of special significance is the Speedometer Difference Calculations chart.
These tires are known to work on the 'liners.
- 215/60/17 Goodyear Tripletread- best long mileage tire in this size for a Liner. Run 32-36# PSI Puts speedo close
- 215/60/17 General Altimax HP- best performance tire for a Liner in this size (acts most like a MC tire) Run 38-42# PSI Puts speedo close
- 215/55/17 General Exclaim- best overall handling tire in this size for a Liner. Run 38-40#PSI Close to same height as OEM tire
- 215/55/17 Goodyear Triple- best long distance tire in this size for a Liner. Run @ 32-36# PSI. Close to same height as OEM tire.
- 205/55/17 General Exclaim- best overall handling tire in this size for a Liner. Run 37-40# PSI Short tire used in conjunction with O.D. pulley.
WARNING: This list of tires is not intended as an endorsement for running car tires on a motorcycle. Several people have chosen to go this route due to the extremely poor life of the current tires available for the 'liners. Do your own research. It's the right thing for some people, it's the wrong thing for other people. This is not here to start a debate, it's here for informational purposes for those who want it. Consult with your insurance carrier regarding a car tire on your bike. Etc, Etc.